Chuches Together in Malden
The 7 mainstream churches in New Malden seek to work together over a range of projects during the year – and are looking for new ways in which they can support each other and also serve the community.
The ministers meet on a monthly basis for lunch and a time of mutual fellowship; while the full representative body meets 4 times a year to plan and report back on their different activities.
Below are listed the regular activities that are organised:
- The Week of Prayer for Christian Unity / Songs of Praise / United Service / Congregation Exchange
- Lent Study Groups – these have been central and home groups over the years
- Good Friday Walk of Witness and Service
- Malden Fortnight:
- Inter Faith Service for Peace
- Prayer Walking
- Joint-churches participation in the Parade
- Events around the Methodist Church during the Craft Fair
Faith Trade Stall / Prayer Tents
Live Music from many of the Churches
- Holiday Clubs
- Distribution of Christmas Cards from the churches
- Prayer Diary organised each year to pray for the majority of the local organisations
- Banners displayed by all churches at Christmas and Easter
In addition to the above, the churches support, through central giving and individual support many of the activities of Oxygen, Kingston Churches Action on Homelessness, and the Street Pastors.
The above is but a snap-shot of all that goes on as individual churches as well as individuals within those churches work to be the voice, hands, and heart, of Jesus to those they meet.
Details of events run by Church Together in Malden can be found on our Parish Events page.
Contact: Dcn John-Simon Lawson (Secretary)
c/o St Joseph’s Presbytery, 1 Montem Road, New Malden, Surrey, KT3 3QW